All of which sounds rather good in principle and makes The Antagonist think it's a shame that democracy in the UK is little more than a two horse race.
- End the occupation of Iraq
- End privatisation – bring public services back into public ownership
- End the attacks on civil liberties; no identity cards
- Comprehensive education; an equal chance to every child and young person
- A publicly owned, democratically controlled and fully funded NHS
- Link pensions to average earnings
- Scrap student tuition fees
- Raise the minimum wage to the European Decency Threshold of £7.40
- Oppose all forms of discrimination, defend refugees and asylum seekers
- Repeal the anti-union laws
- Tough action to control climate change
- Tax big business and the wealthy to fund public expenditure
The late and legendary Bill Hicks said it best when he said:
'I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs.'
'I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking.'
'Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!'